Monday, June 4, 2018

Summer just means water!!!!

There is nothing that means more about summer than water!!!  You know, pools, lakes, sprinklers.  Just dabbling your toes in it is wonderful.
Some of my greatest memories of being a kids is playing in water.  Central park in Norfolk Nebraska was only a couple blocks from my grandma's house and we would take our floaties almost every day to play in the water.  It was probably only about 2 feet deep but for a little kid it was heaven.  Then we'd run out to the tennis courts and lay on the hot court so we could jump back in.
Then there was Kings Pool which I guess we graduated to when I was able to ride our bikes out there. Maybe about a mile or so away.  Perfect for a preteen-teenage girl to practice her flirting!

Of course the fun was running through the sprinklers with my cousins.  Konda in her perfectly cute swimsuit.  Brooks and I in our undies!  We spent hours doing that!!!!

When my kids were little it was either Sandy Creek Park or the neighborhood Cedar Creek Pool.  Really, we spent HOURS at that pool.  By that time it was mainly so I could read, drink a coke and watch the pool bunnies flirting with the kids dads' (yuck).  Swim team for a few years and Doyle even did some life guarding.

Now my magical grandkids!!  Still going for hours to the same pool and Sandy Creek Park.  And the sprinklers at Nana's?  Yet they are up and going again!!
                     
Everyone MUST sit on it at least once!
  Is that not pure enjoyment?  Must Kill the water monster!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment